Epic is a leading reading website for students and teachers. Check out how to use it in your classroom this school year!
New to Epic? We’ve got everything you need to support your students and get kids excited about reading. Learn how you can best use Epic in your classroom and beyond with one of our three plans, including our newest offering Epic School Plus.
Free access for students & teachers during the school day.
Epic School is completely free for educators and students during the school day. And 87% of Epic Educators agreed that Epic helps their students grow as readers! There are so many benefits to our teacher-recommended reading website, like the ability for your classroom to get free online reading materials during school hours! Here are some of the reasons teachers love Epic School:
- 20,000 high-quality books, audiobooks, Read-To-Me books and learning videos.
- Easy-to-use tools to assign books and track reading—great for daily 20!
- Resources for read-alouds, literacy centers, research projects and the ability to create custom book collections.
- Online access from 7 am to 3 pm when school is physically in session.
- Perfect for assigning independent reading during the school day.
Ready to create your Epic School account? Just follow this video and get started with your class!
Epic School Plus
Paid for by schools & districts. 24/7 access to a larger library.
You asked, we listened! Epic School Plus is everything you love about Epic School, but with 24/7 access to our full library. It’s available to students and educators during the school day, after class and on weekends—now every student can access a library of books from the comfort of their home. With downloadable books, even students who don’t have reliable internet access at home can read on Epic. If your school or district purchases a license for Epic School Plus, you’ll enjoy the following benefits:
- Double the content with 40,000 books and learning videos!
- Unlimited, 24/7 access to online reading material for students.
- Downloadable books for students to read at home (even if they don’t have WiFi).
- Easy-to-assign homework that encourages weekend or holiday reading—preventing the winter or summer slide.
Talk to your school administrator about purchasing licenses for your school or district. Learn more about Epic School Plus.
An all-access subscription for families, so kids can read anytime.
- 24/7 access to our full library of over 40,000 books.
- The ability for parents to follow their kid’s reading journey and share books they think they’ll love.
- They can also connect to their kid’s Epic School account to build on their progress and see what they’re reading in class.
- Interactive learning tools to motivate students and build vocabulary (Reading Buddies, badges and games like Spotlight Words to make reading and learning fun!)
- Up to 4 kid profiles, so each kid can have their own personalized reading journey.
Teachers, you can recommend Epic Family and encourage parents to see how Epic makes reading and learning fun!
Whether your school or district purchases Epic School Plus or you use Epic School, there are so many ways to make the most of Epic in your classroom! Don’t forget to check out our resources for teachers with educational tips and tutorials. Plus, access to free downloadables throughout the year. Get started with your students on Epic today!
Need a little inspiration? Get more tips on how to use Epic this year from 2nd grade teacher Keke Powell. See how she uses Epic in her classroom with reading blocks, integrative activities and the always-exciting Readerpillar.