Back to School is just around the corner. Are you ready? Epic is here to help you start the school year off right! With so many free books and easy-to-use teaching resources, it’s no wonder 4 out of 5 Epic Educators agree that Epic is a must-have for their classroom.
Follow our 5 tips to get back-to-school ready with Epic!
1. Close the book on last year.
It’s almost a new school year, which means a new roster. If you’re new to Epic, you can start by creating a new roster to receive a class code. Add students by pasting or importing your new student roster from Google Classroom.
If you’re a returning Epic Educator, you can easily archive your old class and start fresh for the fall. Once you archive your class, you’ll get a different class code for the new school year. You can always access last year’s roster to transfer students or move students to your current roster. Learn how to archive your roster and add a new one with our teaching resources.
2. Check out all our resources.
As you gear up for Back to School, be sure to take advantage of all the tips and ideas on our Educator Resources page. Learn how to use all that Epic has to offer with our how-to videos on topics like finding and assigning books and collections, creating quizzes and more!
You’ll also find free downloadables, ways to celebrate your students’ reading achievements and other A+ activities for your classroom.
3. Get 24/7 access with Epic School Plus.
You’ve been asking for this, and we’re excited to begin offering it to schools and districts this year! Epic School Plus is an excellent online teaching resource for in and out of the classroom! It’s everything you love about Epic School, but with 24/7 access to our full library of over 40,000 books and learning videos.
On top of unlimited access to the Epic library, students can download books and read them from anywhere on the go! Find out how to get all students access in Fall 2023 by asking your school administrator about a purchasing license for your school or district. Explore more exciting things about Epic School Plus!
4. Use learning tools on Epic.
Epic also offers lots of learning tools to get kids excited about reading, plus online assessment tools for teachers! Some of our most popular features include:
- Read-To-Me books: Let the books read to them! Great for English-language learners and early readers, kids can build reading confidence, practice letter-sound correspondence and learn high-frequency words.
- Audiobooks: Stories come to life with engaging narration, music and sound effects. A great way to model fluent reading, promote visualization and introduce students to books above their reading level.
- Quizzes: A fun way to fuel reading comprehension. You can even create your own custom quizzes to support lesson plans.
- Dictionary Lookup: They’ll never have to skip a word. Students can double tap or click for the definition and pronunciation—and it can read to them aloud!
- Assignments: Explore book and video collections by grade level. Then assign them to your students. They can begin reading the collections you’ve assigned to them by logging on to their profile and checking their notifications.
- Daily Reading and Student Logs: This great teaching resource gives Epic Educators the chance to access their students’ progress and daily reading. Perfect for hitting the Daily 20! Simply log in from your teacher profile to see students’ reading logs.
5. Stay in the loop.
Want to get more ideas and inspiration throughout the school year? Connect with us on social for teaching tips and resources, book recommendations, access to promos and more!
Follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn
We hope these tips help fuel your students’ love of reading and academic success. Here’s to an incredible year ahead!